Trying to compile Oracle OCI demo program

From: Ramon F Herrera <herrera_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: 1997/06/27

OS: HP-UX 10.20
Oracle server 7.1
Compiler: HP ANSI C

I am going to write a simple OCI program to retrieve an item from an Oracle server. Since this is the first time I write anything related to Oracle, I figured it would be a good idea to start compiling the 'cdemo1.c' program that comes with the Oracle server (~oracle/rdbms/demo/cdemo1.c), but I cannot get it to link.

One problem is that I do not have any documentation whatsoever (where is all this OCI for HP-UX stuff documented?).

After a lot of trial and error, I was able to get rid of all the "Unsatisfied symbols" except for this one:

% cc -Dlint /u01/oracle/lib/osntab.o cdemo1.c -locic -lora -lnetwork \  -lsqlnet -lcore -lnlsrtl -lcore -lora

/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:

   btoi (code)

I have looked around, even with Altavista, but I can't find information about 'btoi'.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Regards,

-Ramon Received on Fri Jun 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message