Re: Oracle Books

From: Buff Emslie <be_at_primarykey.com>
Date: 1997/06/26

George Pequegnat wrote:

> Are there any good books out there to help a newcomer to Oracle
> understand the development of Oracle Web Applications???? I have never
> seen an application as complicated as the Web developer Suite and a
> little help is all I need to get going on this project.
>
> Thanks to all who have a suggestion.....George
> Would it be possible to also email me with an answer because I don't
> always have access to this newsgroup.
> Thanks again...................................
Hi George!

There is a new book out from Coriolis. Here is a summary of it.

"Oracle Databases on the Web is a fast, easy reference guide for

Database administrators and application developers who want to quickly

create database-driven Web sites. Real-world examples for all techniques

are included, and the reader can extract and customize working

code to use it immediately in his or her own applications. The book

guides the developer through

all of the implementation steps for a database-interfaced Web page, from

initial planning to final rollout, and includes details about World Wide

Web architecture, as well as hints for performance and tuning. Oracle

Databases on the Web provides the masters' best techniques for computer

professionals who need to create Web sites that interface with database

engines, and for fast retrieval of information from the Internet.

  • Covers how to set up database systems to drive commercial Web and

intranet sites.

  • Provides the insight of two experienced Oracle database

administrators.

  • Presents need-to-know information in an easy-to-read format with

clear examples and illustrations.

  • Provides an understanding of the World Wide Web and details on Web

security.

  • Details database design, including performance and tuning.
  • Fully functional Oracle WebServer 2.1 FREE! No other Oracle book

offers this software

  • Database templates
  • Database-to-HTML generators
  • Projects with source code optimization tools"

This great book and many more are available at a discount from The

Primary Key. Please visit us at www.This.Is/keybooks Received on Thu Jun 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message