Re: Oracle form 4.5 and C interface

From: Peter vR. Cooper <pvrc_at_vrcis.com>
Date: 1997/06/25

> johnma2_at_ix.netcom.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently, we need to add some functions to our application built on
> > Oracle Form 4.5. For example, if user click a button - "Level 0
> > Product", a very complicated mathematical calculation will be applied
> > to do calculation and generate a level 0 (image file) product to use.
> >
> > All those modeling been written and works on C functions, but, how we
> > can link that to Oracle form 4.5? What is the interface between Form
> > 4.5 and 3GL, like C routines? Does anyone knows how to do this? or
> > where has the information we can get the help?
> >
> > Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

There is also a means to call functions compiled and linked into an empty DLL which oracle supplies. These are called 'User Exits'. There is a 'C' module which has pointers to functions which needs to be modified as well. The FFI interface is supplied as well and is newer. Received on Wed Jun 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message