Oracle Stored procedure calls from Perl

From: Michael Shannon <mshannon_at_lds.com>
Date: 1997/06/24

[Quoted] This seems to be a common question, that has some vague responses. I need to be able to call an Oracle stored procedure from perl, that actually returns some results. For example, I have an Oracle stored procedure that accepts an ID as a parameter, and based on that parameter, returns a social security number and a date of birth. Real straight forward stuff. Can I get a straight forward way to do this using the DBD/DBI Oracle stuff.

I have read in previous threads that their is an example(test_psql) of this in Test.pl, but our installations of DBD-Oracle-0.45 & DBI-0.84 have the test.pl but make no mention of test_psql.

Thanks...Mike
mshannon_at_lds.com Received on Tue Jun 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message