Re: Simple Backups

From: Curtis Preston <curtis_at_pencom.com>
Date: 1997/06/24

In article <09970512145355.OUI88.curtis_at_pencom.com>, From curtis_at_pencom.com (Curtis Preston), the following was written:
>> I am using Oracel 7.3.2 and currently backup all Oracle Datafiles and
>> Control files daily using UNIX backup methods. I would like to know
>> if there are any simple ways to backup with Oracle facilities,
>> ensuring that individual parts of the database can be recovered
>> without risk of incompatibilities such as some data older than
>> others, etc.

> Check out my "Hot Backups for Oracle" article in SysAdmin magazine.
> I have a newer version of the script of you want it.  Just write.
>
> http://www.samag.com/507art.htm

This link is better:

http://miso.wwa.com/~curtis (look for oraback.sh. I updated code there.)

http://www.backupcentral.com (This will be the URL Real soon now...) !N2

--
I am currently writing a book for O'Reilly Publishing about enterprise
backup and recovery, and would really appreciate hearing anything