Re: Oracle form 4.5 and C interface

From: Spencer Disher <sdisher_at_cyburban.com>
Date: 1997/06/23

johnma2_at_ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, we need to add some functions to our application built on
> Oracle Form 4.5. For example, if user click a button - "Level 0
> Product", a very complicated mathematical calculation will be applied
> to do calculation and generate a level 0 (image file) product to use.
>
> All those modeling been written and works on C functions, but, how we
> can link that to Oracle form 4.5? What is the interface between Form
> 4.5 and 3GL, like C routines? Does anyone knows how to do this? or
> where has the information we can get the help?
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>
> John

You should look at the ORA_FFI function (FFI=Foreign Function Interface). There should be some info in your Forms Advanced Programming manual on this subject. We have successfully called C functions in the form of DLL's written with MS Visual C/C++ from Forms 4.5. Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message