Re: Oracle form 4.5 and C interface

From: Ken Niedermeyer <Ken.Niedermeyer_at_boeing.com>
Date: 1997/06/23

johnma2_at_ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently, we need to add some functions to our application built on
> Oracle Form 4.5. For example, if user click a button - "Level 0
> Product", a very complicated mathematical calculation will be applied
> to do calculation and generate a level 0 (image file) product to use.
>
> All those modeling been written and works on C functions, but, how we
> can link that to Oracle form 4.5? What is the interface between Form
> 4.5 and 3GL, like C routines? Does anyone knows how to do this? or
> where has the information we can get the help?
>
> Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
>
> John
From what you describe you have two options: USER_EXIT, or ORA_FFI. If you have an online manual you can do a search on either one.

A word of warning though. If you are planning on putting this form out on the web, then neither one of the above will work if you are planning on returning that information back to the form. From what I understand, there is NO way to perform a "call out" of ANY kind and get that information back to the form if the form is of the "web" type. So, if you are just going to be using the client-server method then the above should work, (We just got done converting all of our USER_EXITs to ORA_FFI). ken.

--
Ken Niedermeyer
Boeing Central Information Systems