SQL*Loader Data Conversion Question

From: SanDog <sandog_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/06/22

[Quoted] [Quoted] I'm new to Oracle and I'm working on a mainframe to Oracle legacy file conversion project. I have 2 fixed-length legacy files as input to populate 3 Oracle tables: PO_VENDORS, VENDOR_SITES and VENDOR_CONTACTS. There is no open interface table for this conversion, so I have to create a SQL*Loader script and/or PL/SQL block(s) to accomplish this task. I've been able to load the main table (PO_VENDORS) with no problem. Part of the primary key of this table is an Oracle generated SEQUENCE #. I need to load the VENDOR_SITES table next. Part of the primary key of this table is the SEQUENCE # generated for each row in PO_VENDORS. Now how do I go about loading VENDOR_SITES so that the correct SEQUENCE # from PO_VENDORS is associated with each row loaded into VENDOR_SITES? Thanks...

Andy Received on Sun Jun 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message