Locking problem - URGENT

From: Krishnan Ranganathan <kaa_at_criinc.com>
Date: 1997/06/22

Hi ,

[Quoted] I am facing the following problem,a quick response from any one of you would be greatly appreciated.

LOCKING PROBLEM IN FORMS 4.5
[Quoted] I have a form with two multi-record blocks : 1. Block 1 contains following:

	Part Number	Description
	P1		xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When user enter 'P1' at Part Number and press a 'Details' push-button, I retrieve all purchase requisitions for the entered part number, and transfer control to block-2 which has following fields :

	Purchase Requisition Number	Status
	PR1				A
	PR2				A
PR3				A
PR4				A
PR5				A

In 'WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM' of Part Number field, I lock all the purchase requisition records displayed in block-2. The user can go back to Part Number field in block-1 , and change entered part number from say 'P1' to 'P2'. When the user does this ( changes part number from P1 to P2 ), I want to release locks on all the purchase requisition records for part P1 that were locked earlier. I cannot use 'CLEAR-FORM', 'EXIT-FORM', 'ROLLBACK', 'COMMIT' etc. at this stage in my application.

How do I relase the locks. Please forward your answers to kaa_at_criinc.com

Regards
Krishnan Received on Sun Jun 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message