Re: Oracle form 4.5 and C interface

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 1997/06/22

Hi John:

You can use FFI (Foreign Function Interface).

  1. You can write modules in C. Then, make them binded together to form a DLL.
  2. You have to create a library/program unit in Oracle for the system interface. You can do this thorugh Form Runtime. They have a form namely demo. You can use this form to create library / program unit to call the DLL.
Best regards,

johnma2_at_ix.netcom.com wrote:
: Hi,
:
: Currently, we need to add some functions to our application built on
: Oracle Form 4.5. For example, if user click a button - "Level 0
: Product", a very complicated mathematical calculation will be applied
: to do calculation and generate a level 0 (image file) product to use.

: All those modeling been written and works on C functions, but, how we
: can link that to Oracle form 4.5? What is the interface between Form
: 4.5 and 3GL, like C routines? Does anyone knows how to do this? or
: where has the information we can get the help?