WEBSERVER 2.1: no-cache possible???

From: Steve Chell <slc_at_stevensons.co.nz>
Date: 1997/06/20

[Quoted] Hi all. With Oracle Webserver 2.1, is it possible to construct NON-CACHED web pages with the supplied PL/SQL toolkit? I imagine this would be a very common requirement for database-related web pages since the underlying data can be quite volatile, but I can't find a way of doing it.

I use:
htp.p('<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">'); in the page header, but this does not seem to have any effect. The user has to specifically hit the reload button on their browser to cause the page to refresh properly.

Has anyone gotten this to work????

Thanks,
Steve Chell
slc_at_stevensons.co.nz Received on Fri Jun 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message