Migration Oracle+Access -> Oracle

From: (wrong string) çois Valton <pfv_at_hol.fr>
Date: 1997/06/20

[Quoted] I need some information before to decide a software migration.

I have a software on Win95 plateform who have this architecture :

                        Windows 95
              VB 4 32b + OLE Tools 32b
             DAO                           RDO
        MS-Jet 3.0                    ODBC 2.0
local database.MDB        driver ODBC ORACLE
                                      SQL*Net TCP/IP V2.2
                               Oracle V7.2 Server for NetWare
                                            NetWare 4.1

I decide to remove the local Access database.

I don't know if it is a good idea to conserve RDO interface for Oracle access.

I mean there is only one alternative to this solution : the ODBC interface. I would be sure this is the best solution (interface more robust than RDO+ODBC ?). Any information to this subject would appreciate, thanks in advance.

Pierre-François Valton
tél +33 (6) 09652479
e-mail pfv_at_hol.fr Received on Fri Jun 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message