Query: Oracle 7.3 -- Binding alters to TRIGGERS?

From: Richard Landon <rlandon_at_americasttv.com>
Date: 1997/06/20

Hello Oracles,

I have a need to bind an "alert" to a trigger relating to an insert/update/delete operations on tables.

I see the example given in the Oracle On-line documentation, but I am not sure what it means!

This is what I would like to do:

When one of the above operations occurs on a certain table, I would like to bind an alert that causes a program to be executed, or a C/C++ function/method to be called. I call this "adaptation of the alert". I would then like to emit the alter via a program.

The Oracle Server is running on Solaris. I would like to have the alter adapter as an executable under NT.

If you have any ideas, then please let me know.

You can also contact me at: rlandon_at_americasttv.com

Again, thanks :-) Received on Fri Jun 20 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message