Re: Pro C Not working?

From: Neil Greene <ngreene_at_laoc.SHL.com>
Date: 1997/06/19

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.tools and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <33A9925F.1B96_at_visi.net>, zhang_at_visi.net says...
> We are running Oracle 7.3.2 in Sun Solaries 2.5, when we try to
> run Pro C examples ( Using C compiler from Sunsoft) shipped with Oracle,
> as the way explained in the Pro C manual ,
> in dir $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc
> # make -f proc.mk sample1
>
> The program did go through precomp and linking, but when we run
> the executable, we always got a core dump, have anybody encountered
> a similar problem? Any suggestions and advices will be highly
> appreciated.

Check your $PATH environment variable. You probably have /usr/ucb/bin before /opt/SUNWspro/bin and compiled without the Sun compiler. Or, you have not purchased the C compiler. Move /opt/SUNWSpro/bin early in your $PATH search order, or at least before /usr/ucb/bin. -- Neil

--
Neil Greene			Senior System Engineer / Oracle DBA
MCI Systemhouse, Inc. 		<mailto:ngreene_at_laoc.SHL.com>