Re: Date in NAME_IN function

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/06/19

In article <866599462.13537_at_dejanews.com>,   jb.jpd_at_sympatico.ca wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> I am trying to copy a field witch is a date using the NAME_IN
> built-in function but even thought my date is formatted like this
> YYYY/MM/DD the NAME_IN always return me the date
> with the year truncated to the two last digit for example:
>
> assume that:
> field_1.date = 2026/01/01
>
> doing this:
> COPY(name_in('field_1.date'),'field_2.date');
>
> give me this:
> field_2.date = 1926/01/01
>
> Need help please !
> According to ??? it's not a bug.

Well, by my standards, it IS a bug. Name_In and Copy never carried the century at Dev2000 v1.1, but at v1.2 they improved it. I can duplicate your problem using your YYYY/MM/DD format, and many other format masks cause it to fail as well. But it works if you change your format on both dates to DD-MON-YYYY.

If you need to display a different format on the canvas, use a mirror item and keep the DD-MON-YYYY dates hidden to use with name_in and copy.

HTH
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088