Re: Character mode Dev2K

From: Mike Madland <mikemad_at_asymetrix.com>
Date: 1997/06/19

Mal Heseltine wrote:

> We use Dev2K for Win95 and run character mode on Solaris.
>
> We have CD's for Dev2K for Win 95 and Dev2K for Solaris 1.3.2
>
> I don't think oracle produce a run-time only cut of Dev2K.
>
> So I guess you need the windows version and Dev2K for HP-UX v1.3.2.
>
> Regards
> Mal.
>
> anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in wrote:
> >
> > I have Dev2K on MS Windows. I need to develop character mode applications
> > for HP-UX. AFAIK, this is what I have to do:
> >
> > 1. Develop the application on D2K - MS Windows.
> > 2. Transfer the ".fmb" file to HP-UX.
> > 3. Generate the ".fmx" for Unix Character mode.
> > 4. Run the application.
> >
> > Question is, what do I have to purchase? The local Oracle Rep. does not
> > know anything about a "Unix Character mode Dev 2K". He insists of offering
> > me "Dev 2K for X Windows".
> >
> > I know that the Forms Designer is available only on Windows. But, is there
> > a separate character mode Generator available? Do I have to buy a
> > X-Windows Forms Designer just to get the character mode generators?
> >
> > Anup.

> > Anup Jalan
> >
> > Anup Computers Tel : 91-22-364 7992
> > 33, Shankar Sagar Fax : 91-22-363 6176
> > Sophia College Road
> > Bombay 400 026 email : anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
> > INDIA
That's right - ya gotta buy both a Unix copy and a Windows copy. We're in the same boat. It's pricey, but you do have unlimited runtime licenses. There is a seperate character-mode generator and runform that comes with the Unix version. You don't even need the X version installed.

Mike Madland
mikemad_at_asymetirx.com Received on Thu Jun 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message