Various Forms Questions

From: Angel Perez <cesinsl_at_redestb.es>
Date: 1997/06/18

[Quoted] Hi all,

  I have four questions some of them I posted before but was unable to see if they were answered or not, so excuse me if I get a little "repeating". Here they go:

  1. - I want to know if there's a way to select the printer to send our reports to from within Forms (passing it as a parameter to Reports maybe?) using API's or Forms built-ins? I think it's annoying to our customers having to close Report Server, changing the default printer on Windows and launching the application again... [Quoted]
  2. - Has anyone had problems with Oracle Forms Designer disconnecting itself from the Oracle Server? We are working with Forms 4.5.7.1.2 and Oracle 7.2 for Alpha/Win NT 3.51, and sometimes (randomly) we get disconnected from the DB without reason... Any light to our dark path? [Quoted]
  3. - Also, we want to know if there's a way to avoid the blank spaces we get on a numeric field when we use a mask. I mean when we give a default values to a field and then we want to input say a negative value we first have to delete al the field and then input the desired value. Is there a way to solve this? [Quoted]
  4. - And the last one is a bit about language problems. In Spain the decimal part of a numeric value is usually noticed by a dot(.), I mean (US) 189,89 = (SP) 189.89 We want our customers to easilly use the numeric keypad to input quantities, but with the stantard masks they must mark the decimal with a comma (,). Anyone knows how can we overcome this?

[Quoted]   Well, that's all! Any help would be very appreciated. Anyway, best regards,

   Rafa Flores Yoldi
   cesinsl_at_redestb.es (work)
   coach_at_ctv.es (home) Received on Wed Jun 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message