Re: My Binary Experience

From: Scott Ferrett <surf_at_topspeed-dc.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/06/18

[Quoted] In article <33A05D73.663E_at_baps.com>, Werner wrote:
> I was using an ADD, and it did not work - this is why I had to resort
> to using my own SQL.
> I you try to add the string 'Scott<0>Ferret' it will NEVER work.
> You will always add 'Scott'...

This depends on the backend data type. If you use VARCHAR2, then you will get Scott as VARCHAR2 does not allow non-printable characters. To have binary data you need to use LONG or RAW data types. Using Oracle Connect I was able to store binary data into these data types.

SuRF Down Under
(TopSpeed R&D) Received on Wed Jun 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message