Re: REPORTS 2.5: HOW GOOD ARE YOU??

From: Martin Bronstein <Martin.Bronstein_at_trw.com>
Date: 1997/06/17

Steve Chell wrote:

> Ok, all you Reports 2.5 experts:
>
> I have a report which prints invoices. The top
> level repeating frame is R_INVOICE, each repetition
> of which requires one or more pages. (ie each invoice
> requires one or more pages.)
>
> I want to attach a format trigger to some objects
> within this repeating frame to return true or false
> depending the outcome of certain tests with respect to
> the page number WITHIN the current repetition of the
> repeating frame. Eg the report might be currently
> formatting page 3 of a 5 page invoice. I want the format
> trigger to identify that it's on page 3 of the current
> invoice and determine the appropriate return result from
> that, regardless of the physical page number with respect
> to the entire report. Is this possible?
>
> (Background: I'm investigating the feasibility of printing
> OMR marks on printed documents. The marks to print are
> dependant on the page number within the current group.)
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Steve Chell
> slc_at_stevensons.co.nz

[Quoted] Create a layout object with physical page number as the source. In the object's properties dialog, choose Page Numbering..., then choose the repeating frame on which to reset page numbering, i.e. R_INVOICE.

Martin Bronstein Received on Tue Jun 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message