SQL translation program?

From: Aram Mirzadeh <awm_at_luers.qosina.com>
Date: 1997/06/14

Greetings,

I know there is no way to make Linux talk to an oracle database directly. But is there anyway to write a program that would run on the oracle server machine, and pass the information back to the linux box?

This is what i'm thinking:

	System X ( Linux in this case) uses a cgi program to formulate a
	sql query.

	cgi makes a http call to the oracle www server running on the NT
	server which is itself running oracle.

	The program above translates the query, gets the results from the
	database, and passes these results back to the original system in
	a text format.

I would like to hear any comments regarding this. If you like you can email me and I will post the results.

<Aram>

--
Aram Mirzadeh						awm_at_qosina.com
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
                -- Dean Martin