Re: inserting quote into column

From: Nutrino <cavett_at_anonymous.com>
Date: 1997/06/14

Ron -

Enclose your quotes in 'quotes' if they are embedded in a string. ie.

' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER'S DEGREE AND DIPLOMA', should be
' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER'''S DEGREE AND DIPLOMA',
or perhaps
' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER''S DEGREE AND DIPLOMA', -
I can't remember off-hand and don't have acces to an ORACLE dbase at home to test this, but one or other of the suggestions given will work.

  • Martyn Cavett Senior ORACLE Analyst LGT Asset Management London, UK. home: cavett_at_globalnet.co.uk work: Martyn.Cavett_at_gtplc.com

These views are my own and not those of my employer. Normal conditions apply.
nb. anonymous return address used - please replace reply address with one given above.

Ron Heeb <ron.heeb_at_csun.edu> wrote in article <ron.heeb-ya02408000R1306970901570001_at_dnews.csun.edu>...
> the following insert gives me an error because i am trying to include a
> single quote within the string:
>
> insert into xxx values ('13','A','28',
> ' COMPLETE THE YELLOW APPLICATION FOR MASTER'S DEGREE AND
 DIPLOMA','ADREC
> ');

<snip>

 Ron Heeb, Webmaster