Re: Customizing the Forms 4.5 Oracle logon screen

From: Thomas Nowak <tom_at_biometrie.uni-koeln.de>
Date: 1997/06/13

Miles Thomas wrote:

> AFAIK, you can only create a logon screen in Dev2k. you can change
> the
> default dialogue box. The other option is to create a C/VisBas
> application
> which puts up the login dialogue box, and then calls forms/reports
> runtime
> with command line parameters (USERID=xxx/yyy_at_zzz, MODULE=yourprog.fmx)
>
> --
> Miles Thomas
> Logica UK Ltd
> thomasm "at" logica "dot" com
> The above are personal opinions, and are
> not necessarily the opinions of my employer.

Hi,

I remember, that there must be another option mentioned somewhere in the documentation. You can avoid the default logon screen, create your own, have the user enter the necessary data and continue as outlined above i.e. create the connect string yourself and connect.

Thomas Received on Fri Jun 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message