Re: PL/SQL Debugger?

From: Scott Urman <surman_at_dlsun338.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/06/12

In article <339F0A19.1C2A_at_atl.mindspring.com>, Patrick Tan <ptan_at_atl.mindspring.com> writes:
|> The answer is no. The is no PL/SQL debugger out there to debug server
|> based code. Procedural Builder from Oracle is the closest. It is a
|> Windows tool that have it's own PL/SQL engine. When using this tool, you
|> load the server code to client and debug from there. The PL/SQL engine
|> of this tool is only version 1 compliant.
|>
|> Patrick

The answer used to be no, but is now yes! There are several third-party debuggers available now, including SQL-Station from Platinum. Check it out (and get a free download) from www.platinum.com.

PS: You can also get the trial version on the CD accompanying the next version of my book, Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming, due to be in stores by August. :)

Scott Urman Oracle Corporation surman_at_us.oracle.com

Author of _Oracle PL/SQL Programming_ ISBN 0-07-882176-2 Published by Oracle Press - http://www.osborne.com/oracle/index.htm

"The opinions expressed here are my own, and are not necessarily that of  Oracle Corporation"