Re: Replicating an Oracle 7.3 Database

From: Matt Southcott <matts_at_nifcosynergy.com>
Date: 1997/06/11

On 3 Jun 1997 14:43:20 GMT, "Caser Asistencia" <gabi_at_cece.es> wrote:

>Is there a document on the web where it shows how I can replicate a Oracle
>7.3 database from an NT (3.51) server to another one (NT 4.0)? I would like
>to create a testing box where we can execute "killer" queries without
>disrupting our 24 hour service.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Gabe

The way that I did it was to create a copy of the init???.ora rename it create the instance recreate the 4 tablespaces. Then just use the copy command to recreate the tables:

COPY FROM username/password_at_connectstringCREATE  table-
USING-
SELECT ??????? FROM table

be sure to use the - at the end of the lines shown or oracle will give you an error.

Hope this Helps.

Matt Received on Wed Jun 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message