Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 has password on INTERNAL account.

From: <Richard_Popovich_at_Whittman-Hart.com>
Date: 1997/06/11

[Quoted] [Quoted] I recently installed Personal Oracle7.3.2.1.1 on Win95, along with DES1.3.2.2. I wanted to run the CATPROC.SQL script from SQLPLUS. I logged on as SYSTEM; however, the script generated erros stating that user SYSTEM had INSUFFICIENT privelages!!

I then read through the BUILDALL.SQL script and noticed that the script [Quoted] [Quoted] logged on as INTERNAL, this script calls CATPROC.SQL. However, this script bombs because it prompts the user for the password on the special [Quoted] user INTERNAL. I did not place a password on this account, the default database came with the restriction on user INTERNAL.

Note that from svrmgr> You do not need a password when CONNECTING as INTERNAL. from SQLPLUS> You DO need to enter a password for user INTERNAL. Thanks in adnvance,

Richard Popovich