Re: Running SQL*Plus batch file on NT4.

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: 1997/06/10

RCastore wrote:

> I am attempting to run a batch file which calls 22 sql scripts. The
> file syntax looks like
>
> sqlplus username/password _at_path\filename1
> sqlplus username/password _at_path\filename2
> sqlplus username/password _at_path\filename3
> etc (22 times)

In Windows NT you would have to do:

start /wait sqlplus username/password _at_path\filename1 start /wait sqlplus username/password _at_path\filename1 ...

[Quoted] because of the asynchronous way Windows programs are launched -- this is not Oracle's fault :-).

> This method causes 22 windows to open up and attempts to run each of
> the scripts simultaneously. Since each of the scripts depends on the
> output of the previous scripts, this is not acceptable. This process
> currently works on HP-UX just fine.
>
> I am working on a 7.3 Oracle database using SQL*Plus 3.3 running on
> Win NT 4.0.
>
> Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. If possible,
> please e-mail me at mudhens_at_cyberramp.net

Ciao,

Finn

 Finn Ellebaek Nielsen          Oracle Associated Senior Consultant
 Ellebaek Consulting            E-mail:           ellebuk_at_post3.tele.dk
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.   Mobile Phone:     +45 20 32 49 25
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C       Mobile Phone SMS: 20324925_at_sms.tdm.dk (Subject)
 Denmark                        Private Phone:    +45 33 25 34 50
 "Life is a beach and then you dive"                      "Divers do it deeper"