HELP: xwres.dll? Personal Express won't work?

From: Russell A. Hatfield Jr <rahjr_at_seattleu.edu>
Date: 1997/06/10

Help! Thanks in advance for anything anyone might offer.

The facts:

	Dell P133 16megs RAM
	Win3.11

The Problem:
	Trying to run Oracle's Personal Express v5.0.1
	Get the following error message:

		Personal Express cannot run because xwres.dll cannot
		be found or loaded.

Xwres.dll IS in the window\system directory, as well as in the Personal Express directory (not at the same time - I have tried each seperately). Still it does not work. I have tried reinstalling the app. No luck. I copied the same .dll from another computer where PExpress worked -- No luck, again.

What exactly is xwres.dll?

Why can it not be loaded?

Or, generally, why can .dll's that seem to be there still not be properly loaded (ie low conventional mem?, etc.).

Thanks again!
rahjr_at_seattleu.edu Received on Tue Jun 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message