Re: SQLPLUS - Unwanted Pause

From: Ron Strouss <rstrouss_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/06/10

rstrouss_at_ix.netcom.com (Ron Strouss) wrote:

>We're trying to determine why logging on to one database pauses during
>the execution of the glogin.sql script and others don't. We think it
>has to do with a grant to an object owned by SYS, but we're not sure.
>
>We have a select statement on the v$database table to get the
>database name which will be used as part of the user's SQLPLUS Prompt.
>
>???
>
>We have an open TAR on this with Oracle, but it's not a high priority
>item ... yet.
>
>Ron S
>Darigold, Inc

I solved the problem in case anyone cares ...

It was a rogue login.sql script that slipped by me. I did a scan on the system starting at the root directory and located it. It was executing some PL*SQL code against tables that didn't exist in the database that giving me a the unwanted pause at logon.

Later,
Ron S
Darigold, Inc. Received on Tue Jun 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message