REPORTS 2.5: HOW GOOD ARE YOU??

From: Steve Chell <slc_at_stevensons.co.nz>
Date: 1997/06/09

Ok, all you Reports 2.5 experts:

I have a report which prints invoices. The top level repeating frame is R_INVOICE, each repetition of which requires one or more pages. (ie each invoice requires one or more pages.)

I want to attach a format trigger to some objects within this repeating frame to return true or false depending the outcome of certain tests with respect to the page number WITHIN the current repetition of the repeating frame. Eg the report might be currently formatting page 3 of a 5 page invoice. I want the format trigger to identify that it's on page 3 of the current invoice and determine the appropriate return result from that, regardless of the physical page number with respect to the entire report. Is this possible?

(Background: I'm investigating the feasibility of printing OMR marks on printed documents. The marks to print are dependant on the page number within the current group.)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve Chell
slc_at_stevensons.co.nz Received on Mon Jun 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message