Re: Interview Question

From: Marc Baime <mbaime_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/06/08

>In article <3394E27F.241D_at_ntsource.com>, Frank Hubeny
><fhubeny_at_ntsource.com> writes
>>I have been able to eliminate about 50% of the candidates that get
>>past nontechnical screenings by simply asking them if they can do an
>>"hello world" program in the language in which they claim to be expert.
>>
>> So, the first question I would ask someone who claims to be expert in
>>SQL on Oracle would be
>>
>> Display the string "hello world" in SQL*Plus.

Hmmm...so what would the correct answer be...... I guess I could do a [Quoted] [Quoted] SELECT 'HELLO WORLD' FROM DUAL; or I could insert it into a table and select it out again or I could assign it to a variable and then do a show or etc., etc.

Would I get full credit for all of my answers or would t have to be the way you percieved I should know how to do it? ;-)

Regards...Marc Baime Received on Sun Jun 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message