Re: Using Oracle 7.1.x on Digital OpenVMS 7.2?

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/06/07

imtsci_at_CAM.ORG asked >>
I've heard that Oracle 7.1.x CANNOT be relinked on OpenVMS 7.2, and that I MUST update to Oracle 7.3.x, is that true? <<<

According to a fax we have from Oracle support, yes! The only version of Oracle that will run on VMS 7+ is Oracle ver. 7.3+

We are still running 7.0.16 with a 7.1.5 in test and have been working on developing a project time line to upgrade to Oracle 7.1.5 so we can upgrade VMS to 6.2 from where we will then jump to VMS 7.1 and Oracle 7.3.  My manufacturing customer meanwhile is running 6.5 to 7 full days per week. The lack of overlap for Oracle and VMS releases is a real pain. We have never had this kind of problem in our UNIX environments.

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Sat Jun 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message