Re: Dev 2000 in Text Mode?

From: Ismo Tuononen <ismo_at_sasu1.carelian.fi>
Date: 1997/06/07

Rygar <rygar_at_visi.net> writes:

>Hello, has anybody ever run Form45 or Reports 2.5 Appplications
>in a Text mode? Our company developed Forms45 Applications in GUI
>enviroment,(as there is the only develop tool in Solaries ) and
>they did run in char mode, but the
> navigations and key mapping went so bad( i.e,
> we can't use function keys to enter query, execute query etc ) they
>turned out to be useless . Oracle says it's not a problem to run the
>applications in text mode, and we used all the default key mapping,
>why did not work?

I have made aplications in win95 (gui) using designer 1.3 (case), and final users are in unix (characted mode, using telnet) and there was no real problems, all worked about ok. All function keys except next block, previous block worked. THose keys didn't work if multi line fields

Bigger problem was desing screen so that you could see all fields and text nice in character mode. And of course screensize was just 24*80 characters

reports was easy, no problems.

But you must first check all necessary setup's by making one form and report in gui and test it in character mode.

Ismo Tuononen email: Ismo.Tuononen_at_sasu.carelian.fi