Re: select distinct in oracle forms4.5

From: Ken Shirey <shireyk_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/06/06

Janice:

You have two choices, as I see it:

  1. If the block is query-only, create a view with the appropriate distinct or select/group by and use the view as the base table for the block.
  2. Create an unbound (non-base-table) block, and populate it yourself in the post-query, when_new_form_instance, and during master/detail coordination activities. If the block is a detail block, you will need to create a relation between the master&detail in order for Forms to write the coordination triggers for you.

Hope this helps you.
Ken Shirey
Oracle Database Administrator
Commercial Data Systems
<shireyk_at_flash.net>

Janice Powell <powell_at_clemson.edu> wrote in article <5n6p1j$mpl$1_at_hubcap.clemson.edu>...
> I have a base table block that I want to perform a distinct query on.
 How