Forms 4.5 Help Needed!

From: Jody Lewis <lewisj2_at_wdni.com>
Date: 1997/06/06

Hello!

I am looking for some advice and guidance on how to solve a selecting multiple records used for display only in a block. I plan on using :SYSTEM.MOUSE_BUTTON_SHIFT_STATE to allow users to select multiple continuous and non-continuous records from this block. When a user selects a record, there is an undisplayed non-base table checkbox that is changed along with the record attributes to display records differently. This leads me to my first problem:

How can I determine what needs to be selected and unselected? I know the current record needs to be set to selected or unselected but how do I determine what range of values need to be selected or unselected when choosing a record.

For instance, I may have a situation where a user selects many records and then changes to only want one record selected. How do I set these records back to not being selected?

The second problem is:

After a user has some records selected, is there a simple way to create a select statement to include only the selected records in the query?

Any leads you can give me on these problems will be greatly appreciated. If you could send me an email along with posting a response, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

Jody Lewis Received on Fri Jun 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message