Re: Invalid PL/SQL packages

From: Gene Plagge <gene_sal_at_pacbell.net>
Date: 1997/06/05

Keith Finnett wrote:

> Is there any reason why a package created in PL/SQL would become invalid?
>
> I understand that if you are running a package from an Oracle Application
> the package is validated on startup, but sometimes the package will become
> invalid for no obvious reason.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Please post and reply to keppy_at_lineone.net.
>
> Regards

Hi, Keith,

Packages can become invalid for a many reasons. For instance, if a table that is referenced in the table is dropped, the package would be invalid. If you see a formerly valid package being shown invalid, something in the schema changed.

Gene Plagge
WorldXchange
gene.plagge_at_wxl-cts.com Received on Thu Jun 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message