Re: Help !! Using Lov for DATE validation

From: Mark <SmithM_at_logica.com>
Date: 1997/06/04

On 3 Jun 1997 12:33:52 -0700, Dan Peacock wrote:

<snip>
>My first question is "Why are you doing this?" It would be easier to use the
>WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger to validate the date. Also, if you are conserned
>about the millenium issue, I would use the YYYY mask instead.

I'm doing it this way because thats the way the customer wants to work....

And using the format mask dd-mon-yyyy is a bad way to go because if the user enters 01-jan-90, forms will default this to 01-jan-0090, which is incorrect. By using RRRR you will eliminate the 0090 problem...

For now any new systems being developed should use RRRR for the century..

Anybody have anything to contribute to this?