Re: PostgreSQL Version 6.0 $PAM $PAM $PAM

From: Sundial Services <no-reply_at_sundialservices.com>
Date: 1997/06/04

In article <01bc7094$5740da70$0e656565_at_aircookie> "David L. Cherin" <dcherin_at_whitesands.com> writes:

>I don't think this posting warrants a complaint. I know that our developers
>will be interested in checking
>it out because it comes with free source code.

>Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in article
><338F7DB8.6E70_at_exesolutions.com>...
>> > PostgreSQL Version 6.0 RDBMS database ANSI SQL 92 compliant - Its
>> $PAM $PAM $PAM
>>
>> If you have anything to say to this cross-posting spammer say it to
>> their ISP as a politely worded complaint.
>>
>> Daniel A. Morgan

I concur. One relevant posting, made once and not repeated, to relevant newsgroup(s), which then refers the readers to a Web page and/or e-mail address where more information can be obtained -- is not in my mind "spam" but a relevant piece of news.

Five or six complaints or follow-ups addressed to that one posting, IS spam, because now the traffic is carrying five or six times the bandwidth it did before.

And blatantly off-subject postings, like the ubiquitous "sex sex sex!" are always unwelcome.

But... let's keep an open mind with one another, try to remain focused on the subject in our own postings (however frequent or infrequent they may be), and occasionally look the other way at what offends us. Merely the rules of civility. Received on Wed Jun 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message