Re: Interview Question

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/06/04

[Quoted] :    So, the first question I would ask someone who claims to be expert in
: SQL on Oracle would be
:       Display the string "hello world" in SQL*Plus.

Off the top of my head I can think of 4 (Set the prompt, print , select, dbms_output), so if they are an expert they show be able to name more than 1 way :)

This is actually a very good technique - asking simple,but subtle questions. Such questions often require a great deal of knowledge. We have had any number of candidates for senior DBA positions who have been unable to explain what a rowid is.

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with