deleting records prior to entering a form

From: george <wgweis_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: 1997/06/03

Hi:

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have this problem I hope someone out there can help me with. I am [Quoted] using a temporary table to store text lines for a student transcript. Each record in the table is one line of text. Before entering the form displaying the transcript, however, I'd like to clean up this table by deleting any records which were not created on the actual day the form is being run. I wrote the following code in a trigger called by WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE:

/*
[Quoted]  *  New trigger:  delete old transcript_temp records.
 */
DECLARE
   TODAY	DATE;

BEGIN
   SELECT SYSDATE INTO TODAY FROM DUAL; [Quoted]    DELETE FROM TEMP_TABLE WHERE TEMP_TABLE_ACTIVITY_DATE < TRUNC(TODAY);
  • suppress commit message.
    :SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 15;
    COMMIT_FORM;
    :SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL := 0;
    END;
[Quoted] [Quoted] The problem is, the records don't get deleted. It is as if I need to [Quoted] commit somewhere and the form is not committing. I tried 'COMMIT' instead of 'COMMIT_FORM' with no results. MS Access has something called a delete query. How can I do the same thing in Oracle?

George Received on Tue Jun 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message