Re: SQLPLUS - Unwanted Pause

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/06/02

Remove the set pause off

           set pause on
code

[Quoted] Ron Strouss (rstrouss_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Malakhov Nikolay <mal_at_kpbank.ru> wrote:

: >Ron Strouss wrote:
: >>
: >> We have a select statement on the v$database table to get the
: >> database name which will be used as part of the user's SQLPLUS Prompt.
: >
: >Hi! may be this will help - part of my login.sql:
: >col sqlprompt new_value ppp noprint
: >set pause off
: >set termout off
: >select global_name||'>_' sqlprompt from global_name;
: >set sqlp &ppp
: >set pause on
: >set term on

: Malakhov Nikolay

: We can set pause off ... and we can run your version of the glogin
: script and it still pauses if you do any kind of 'select' statement
: ... ???

: Ron

--
[Quoted] This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you