Re: Forms45 - Problem with colors

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/05/29

stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu (Steve Cosner) wrote:

> When I use a Windows platform that is running at 256 colors (instead
> of 64K colors), there is a problem setting the background colors on
> text items and display items. These always revert back to one of the
> 16 colors at the top left area of the color pallette. Even the grays
> only use black, white, light gray or dark gray.
>
> I find it really odd that the canvas and boilerplate can use all 228
> of the color settings while the items cannot. This can't be a
> limitation of the Windows platform's 256-color scheme since
> boilerplate works ok.
>
> When you change to a 64k-color display, then all the colors work
> properly. Changing back to the limited display causes a screen to
> look really bad. The QA form I've made available shows gray column
> headings and screen titles because of this problem.
>
> Does anyone know: Is this an Oracle bug, and does Oracle know about
> it? Is there something wrong with the default.pal color pallette file
> that comes with Developer 2000? Is there a remedy for the problem?
>
> I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who might know anything
> about this problem.

Are these forms converted from FORMS3? If so, you may need to copy all of the objects into a new FORMS4.5 module object. We've noticed problems with the default color palette in such forms.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Thu May 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message