Re: Data Extraction from DB2 to Oracle

From: Will Kooiman <wkooiman_at_csac.com>
Date: 1997/05/29

[Quoted] I think the name of the package is SQL*Connect for DB/2. I used the product a long time ago when it was called DB2*Connect. It's performance was pretty good, and it was easy to use. It took a while to get it installed, though. Surely it's improved since then.

[Quoted] I don't know if it will work on AS/400. For the longest time, there wasn't any Oracle software available on AS/400.

Sudheer Marisetti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I happened to hear that there is a way of extracting data from DB2
> database to Oracle database via SQL. We have DB2 running on an AS/400
> and Oracle on HP 9000. We were told that Oracle on HP has a way of
> extracting data from DB2 to Oracle using SQL. If any of you are aware of
> any such tool or methodology I would appreciate if you could share it
> with us.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Sudheer Marisetti
> Abacus Concepts Inc.
> marisett_at_bellatlantic.net

Will.

Will Kooiman                        Computer Systems Authority
Systems Consultant                  6380 LBJ Freeway, Suite 181
(972) 960-0180 x236                 Dallas, TX 75240
mailto:wkooiman_at_csac.com            http://www.csac.com