Re: Reports 2.5 tab delimited file output?

From: <markha_at_csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/05/28

[Quoted] I found a solution to this problem: First, add a user defined printer [Quoted] code to the printer definition file which will translate to control-I, [Quoted] the ascii tab character. For example:

printer "no_ff"
height 66
width 2000
after page
code "09" control(I) <-- added code 09 to generate ctl-I (tab) [Quoted] linefeed control(J)

Then, instead of selecting all the fields and concatenating them into a [Quoted] single data record, select as individual fields.

SELECT field_1, field_2, field_3, etc.

Then place each field in the character format layout side by side with [Quoted] the "General Layout-Horizontal-Variable" property set, and the "Printer [Quoted] Code-After" property set to &09 for each of the fields (except the last).

Mark