Mysterious

From: <rajs>
Date: 1997/05/27

Hi,
[Quoted] I have noticed a curious behaviour. I have stored procedure on Oracle 7.3 Windows NT. The simplified script is as follows -
PROCEDURE sp_dummy

     (ve_sales_cd IN varchar2, ve_stock_cd IN varchar2,ve_client_type IN varchar2, ve_dealer OUT varchar2) is

       ve_dealer_cd                         varchar2(3);
       n                                    number(4);
       ve_found                             number(1);
begin
	ve_dealer:= 'SDS';

END; I call this procedure through Forms 4.5 (32-bit) The script in forms is as follows
declare
user_id         varchar2(10)   := 'KK';
stock_Cd     varchar2(10)   := 'APCI';
client_type   varchar2(3)     := 'ILT';
ve_dealer    char(3)            :=' ';
begin
       sp_dummy(user_id,stock_cd,client_Type,ve_dealer);
       message(ve_dealer);

end;

This gives me a value error, but the same script run through SQL*Plus gives the result SDS. Is this a problem normal ? I will be happy if somebody can help me out with this "Relatively Simple Procedure'.

thanks
Rajs Received on Tue May 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message