Pro*C application problem

From: Imre Janko <ijanko_at_intervoice.com>
Date: 1997/05/27

<HTML><BODY>

Hi folks,
<BR>
<BR>I developed an application which calls stored procedures in an Oracle database.
It is multi threaded, each thread has its own connection. I wrote the program in Pro*C.
<BR>If I shut down the database with the shutdown immediate command in svrmgrl,
the next stored procedure call causes the application to die with segmentation fault. (I use UnixWare and Oracle 7.3.2.) The debugging of the program shows that one of the functions in the Oracle C client library causes this. Is there any way to avoid this situation ? My application needs to be run whatever happens with the database. Any help appreciated.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Imre
<BR>