Q: I want to monitor status of a database

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

Is there software that will allow one to monitor a database for the following items:

whether the database is up
whether all tablespaces are online
databse is not out of processes (ie. maximum number of processes exceeded)

You know, stuff like that.

Yeah, sure, I could write some SQL scripts and then kick them off in cron jobs to check these conditions, but if there were a third party or even Oracle software product, that would be ideal.

I was told Enterprise Manager does something like what I want, but I installed it and it looks quite overwhelming. It also looks "interactive," whereas I need to check on say, an hourly basis.

Oracle 7.1.6 and 7.2.2.4 on Sun OS 5.5

Thanks for any help. I hope was specific enough. Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message