Oracle, ODBC and SqlServer

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1997/05/22

[Quoted] I am using Power Objects and trying to set up a session that connects to a SqlServer database using ODBC - Other programs (Crystal Reports, etc) can do this OK) ... After defining the connect string it appears to connect, but does not show any Table Names ( yet, if I try to Add an Index, give it a table name,column name, index name [ in the dialog box that pops up) it correctly informs me that I can's since I am not the owner of the table - so it is connected to the database)

[Quoted] What am I missing here ?

ps the connect string is
[Quoted] odbc:service_name;UID=dddddd;PWD=xxxxx;SRVR=nnnnnn;Database=mmmmmm

[Quoted] ( the lower case letters are subs for the real thing;security you know :-) )

Help,
[Quoted] Thanks
John Greco Received on Thu May 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message