Solaris/HP-UX Forms 4.5 Fonts Problem

From: Richard O'Rourke <rorou_at_hc17030.hcsd.ca>
Date: 1997/05/22

I'm new at this Oracle stuff, so excuse me if some of my terminology is wacky.

I have an interesting problem with differences in how fonts are being selected differently by forms 4.5 applications on Solaris than they are on HP-UX.

The only fonts in question are "boilerplate" fonts.

In /blah/.../Tk2Motif.rgb we have...

Tk2Motif*fontList: 8by10

This seems to work fine on the Solaris side. The fonts that appear in both boilerplate and customized text fields are indeed the 8x10 font. When I rebuild the forms with f45gen for HP-UX and run up the forms, all customized text fields correctly show the 8x10 font (so my X server certainly has the font available) but the boilerplate text fields are not correct.

Has anyone seen this before? Found a fix maybe?

TIA.

-- Richard O'Rourke mailto:rorou_at_dev.hcsd.hac.ca