Help: DES/2K, constrains

From: InfoAd - Jurrian Beuker <infoad_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1997/05/19

[Quoted] I am Jurrian Beuker from holland. I develop software with Form V3.0 and ReportWriter 1.1. (in Holland) At this moment i'm using designer for the first time, and i have two (small i think for you) questions :

When i have 2 table with a 1 to N relation, and i'm bilding a Form where the first table gets 4 rows and de second (N) 10 rows and i place them om de samen page.
When i navigate to the second (N) block, i can not see with master record belong to these details. If i put the N table on a sepetare page, I can include contect items from the master record.

Is there a way to indicate the record in a block with more than 1 master record with master record is actief if i have moved to the detail records ? (in de same page).

[Quoted] My second question is relatied to validation. in a table i have 3 fields, ID, BEGIN_DATE, END_DATE. all field must be entered. the periode between BEGIN_DATE and END_DATE must be uniek.

suppose i have the records :

	ID	BEGIN_DATE	END_DATE
	1	1-jan-97		2-mai-97
	1	1-jun-97		20-jun-97

There record are valid.
invalid is

        1 1-mai-97 20-mai-97
Becouse this record have 1 en 2 mai in comment with the first record. the period my not overlap with a oder period with the samen id.

Bye Jurrian

InfoAd, Buro voor informatica.
Breezand 8, 3891 ZR Zeewolde
Tel (036) 5221108, Fax (036) 5221108
KvK Lelystad nr. 39047240 VRI nr 2096

Ps. Let niet op de taalfouten, ik ben woordblind. Received on Mon May 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message