Re: commit_form or commit?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/05/18

(Posted and mailed. Removed cdo.server from newsgroups list.)

In article <01bc624c$cbdb1360$599dcdcd_at_default>, Cecil D'Souza <cecil_at_total.net> wrote:

> 1) Sometimes the size and alignment of command buttons are differing
> between design and run time . Can the button appearance be same in
> both cases ?

Not sure if this is the reason, but you may be using the character coordinate system (set in you form-level properties). If you turn off grid-snap during design time, you can then place your buttons anywhere on the window. But after you generate your form (also after you save and then re-open your form), the buttons will move back to the character grid. You can alleviate this problem by changing to use an inches or centimeters grid.

> 2) Is there is no way to commit a transaction to the database before
> doing a COMMIT_FORM ?

Forms_DDL('COMMIT');

>3) After a CLEAR_FORM with NO_VALIDATE option , I am unable to assign value
>to a field from a global variable . How do I do this ?

This should work. I do it all the time. Sometimes I use parameters as well.

Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Sun May 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message